391 Ellis St, San Francisco, CA 94102
(650) 534 2377 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Portfolio of work at http://jtnimoy.net/projects.php
Curriculum Vitae at http://jtnimoy.net/cv.php
To support myself as a creative developer in SF Bay and escape homelessness.
- Dev Leading
- Graphic Design
- UX Prototyping
- Design Research
- Canolikids.com (August, 2018 -April 2019) - Creative Technologist at children’s book startup that uses high tech avatar customizations. Working in Processing, C++, ImageMagick, ReactJS, Firebase, Google AppEngine, and Stripe API.
- GrassRootsCampaigns (June 2018 - July 2018) - Street Canvasser for Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)
- Chris Cunningham Studios (June, 2016) - prototyped video game demo in OpenFrameworks, then ported it to C# and Unity3D for HTC Vive VR.
- Jtnimoy Studio LLC (2004-present) - accepting freelance clients in full stack webdev, creative code contracts. Online sales of custom software, maintenance of open source code.
- California College of Arts (2014-2016) - Senior lecturer of Processing and Arduino related courses under the graphic design graduate department, San Francisco campus. Authored and owned my own teaching materials.
- TEEM (2012-2013) - Cofounded and run a small consultancy doing UX prototyping for Samsung’s set-top. CTO role.
- Galler.ee (2011-2015) - Cofounded and run a subscription-based design library, servicing the professional photography industry.
- Motorola Mobility / Google (2010-2012) - Senior creative developer in Design Language group of Customer Experience. MMI was acquired by Google during my employment period.
- Digital Domain (2009) - Lead creative coder on multiple television commercial campaigns and one movie, Disney’s Tron:Legacy
- Motion Theory / Mirada (2006-2009) - Lead creative coder on multiple television commercial campaigns and music promotional videos.
#Additional Backend Experience
- Grand Central Station (2012 - present) - Open source web server that uses Google Cloud Storage as the file system. Deployed in two projects already.
- RealAudio Circumnavigation Proxy (2011) - developed a quick and dirty proxy to see if i could filter realaudio files into something a modern browser could play without a plugin. It was a gift to my father.
- California College of Arts (CCA) Graphic Design , 2014-2016 - Graduate lecturer teaching basic code and circuit design (Processing and Arduino) to incoming graphic design students.
- Countless web tutorials (2000-present) - I’ve written many tutorials mostly around the subject of visual coding. My tech-evangelism contributed to the spread of Processing in the early-mid 2000s.
- New York University (NYU) Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) , 2002-2004 - Graduate studies in experimental new media at Tisch School of Arts in Manhattan. Dean's Fellowship Recipient.
- MIT Media Lab, 1999 - Visiting researcher (UROP) in computational aesthetics in the Aesthetics and Computation Group (ACG) lead by Prof. John Maeda. Additionally Mentored by Casey Reas and Golan Levin.
- University of California Los Angeles, 1997-2002 - Bachelor of Arts from the Department of Design | Media Arts, with a specialization in digital cultures and technologies. Dean's Honors List.
- California State Summer School for the Arts, Calarts 1996, 1997 - Two years - Focused studies in experimental painting / photography / installation / performance / creativity at California Institute for the Arts, Valencia, CA
- Palos Verdes Peninsula High School, Los Angeles - Fine Art and Illustration studies focus, class of 1997
- CNC Carpentry
- Cat Breeding
- Physical Computing
- Systems Administration
- Data Visualization
- Sound Design
- Music Production
- English Writing
- Named Future Founder by Bloomberg Beta, class of 2016
- Named an Intel Software Innovator in 2015
- Recipient of NYU Dean's Fellowship, 2003
- Visual Art
- Artificial Creativity
- Open Source
- Transgender Activism
- Community Building
- Spiritual Growth